Friday, May 21, 2010

Kew Gardens, 2 more shows, and Windsor Castle!

Once I arrived back in London after my weekend trip to Paris, it was go-go-go-go once again! It was our second-last-week of classes, and it seems like everything is coming to a head.

Tuesday was filled with classes, and then Wednesday we made our last trip to the National Theater to see the play "The Habit of Art". It starred two characters that were in Harry Potter, this time it was the man who played Uncle Vernon Dursley, and the woman who played the headmistress of the girls school during the "Goblet of Fire"! I don't know if anyone reading this knows who I'm talking about, but we were all freaking out! And the play was excellent on top of being star struck, so it was a very good night! It was all about the relationship between the poet W.H. Auden and the composer Benjamin Britten, but it was shown through a modern view of a theater company. It's hard to explain, but I was entertained the entire time, and found myself laughing through much of it!

Wednesday morning was spent at Kew Gardens for art class. It is a huge park filled with beautiful trees, flowers, ponds, and greenhouses. We wandered around for almost four hours taking pictures for our next art project, and just enjoying the beautiful day. Here are some pictures:





Thursday was a very busy day of classes, once again, and ended with another show, this time a vocal performance by some students at Wigmore Hall. It was interesting...not really my cup of tea...but interesting nonetheless! It was all about exploring how the human voice works, and so a lot of the performances didn't sound like conventional songs. It was cool to see people my age though, performing their craft and having such impressive voices.

Then this morning/afternoon, Friday, was spent at Windsor Castle! It's a very short train ride to get to Windsor, and then we spent the day wandering in and out of the castle, around the grounds, and in the shops. It was another beautiful day, although a little hot (London has been hit with what seems like a heat wave!), and we just enjoyed looking at all the history in the town and in the castle. Here are some pictures at Windsor:





This weekend will be spent tying up all of my classes loose ends, next week is the last week of meeting for class, and then the week after that I will have to start packing and will be flying home! It makes me sad to think about leaving, but at the same time I'm excited to see everyone at home, and just be back in the USA! There are a lot of random things I miss, and it will be nice to get back to them. Just thinking about not being in this city anymore though, is starting to make me sad! Every time I walk by Big Ben, I think about how many times I may get to see it in person, and the number is quickly diminishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment