Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Leaving...

Here we go, I am leaving for London tomorrow afternoon...and I am so unbelievably excited! I can't pretend I'm not nervous, but at this moment I'm just trying to focus on the excitement, not the nerves.

I managed to fit all of my clothes in one massive suitcase, and then my clothes for the hostel and an umbrella and raincoat in a carry-on sized duffel bag with wheels. My "personal item" I'm allowed to have is a massive purse that I can fit my laptop, books, and iPod in.

I'm not at all looking forward to the 7.5 hour flight from Chicago to London, but I have to do what I have to do! The next 72 hours are going to definitely be trying...we're flying to Chicago, then London, arriving at 6:30 am London time. From there we're going to have kill time before checking into our hostel at 2 pm. We'll be staying at the hostel for two nights, before FINALLY picking up our apartment keys and making the move into our new home for the next 9 weeks.

To make a long story short, I'm going to be absolutely exhausted. Mix in jet lag, and I will pretty much be a dead girl walking.

But I have to remember it's only a little discomfort and annoyance in relation to the amount of amazing I'm going to experience. I just have to accept the fact that it's going to be a really long and horrible couple of days, and see the light at the tunnel.

A 9 week trip in one of the most fabulous cities in the world. All complaining aside, I'm just really, really lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment