Saturday, March 6, 2010

A little background...

Now that I've announced my trip, I should probably let you in on some of the details!

The program I will a part of, as I already said, is the Center for Fine Arts. What I didn't mention, is the classes I will be taking.

First, is ART 311: Drawing Media--This class is going to be taught by the use of collage, and will be based around what we experience in London. I'm really looking forward to this class, mainly because I don't have a lot of background in drawing, so this will allow me to be creative in a different way! Hopefully I will be able to leave with some great collage pieces.

Second, is MUSIC 340: Building Confidence --This class is originally taught at OU for voice performance majors. But, since none of us going have much a singing voice, the professor is changing it to teaching us how to utilize our voices for our selected majors. This will definitely help me out, considering my major if Public Relations...kind of important to know how to speak well!

Third is THEATRE 170: Theatrical Experience--This is the class I am probably the most excited for. It includes viewing and then discussing various plays and performances in London! It should be a great experience, and definitely a class that I will learn a lot from.

Last, is IART 360J: Writing in the Arts--This is the class that will fulfill my junior writing composition credit. I'm not sure what this class will entail, but it will definitely involve writing...which is right up my alley.

I am very excited about the classes I will be taking...most involve using the city and experiencing things...not just sitting in a classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment