Sunday, April 4, 2010

All Moved In!!

I've officially moved in to the flat...I guess we're all official London-er's now?

I've pretty much become adjusted to the time difference, but I'm still exhausted at the end of each day, partly because my family is here visiting.

Yep, my mom, dad, and sister hopped on a plane the day after I left and flew to London...odd, I know. My sister's spring break happened to fall on the same week I moved here. So, against everything my parents stand for, they booked tickets last-minute through a travel agent and are now here in London for 4 days and then they're heading to Rome for 3. My parents are definitely not the types to fly "across the pond" to meet their daughter who is studying there for 9 weeks, but for some reason they did! It's really nice they're here, but definitely strange!

So far, I've seen the Tower of London, gone on a Jack the Ripper tour, eaten at two pubs, gone grocery shopping at a little London market, and made a late-night run back to the market that ultimately ended with the store being closed but made for some laughs along the way.

My London life has so far been great...although it's only the first weekend and classes haven't started, I am so excited to really settle in to this fabulous city. My parents are leaving Tuesday which will be sort of bittersweet. It will be nice because I can finally settle into my real life here, and not feel like it's just one big vacation. It will be sad though, knowing that not only will I not be able to see them for 9 weeks, but we're not in the same state, let alone the same continent!

There are definitely some characters on this trip with me, and I can already tell I'm going to have the time of my life with them. They're people I'll have a connection with for the rest of college, and probably for the rest of my life. I won't lie and say I haven't felt nervous, or some anxiety about living with virtual strangers, but just the way I've been able to talk to all of them, and learn more about each of them in the short time I've been here makes me feel better.

There will be hard times, I know this. But I just want to make the most out of everything I'm being introduced to. How many people can say they lived in Europe for 2 months? Luckily, I'll be able to.


Pictures of the flat!!







No comments:

Post a Comment