Saturday, April 10, 2010

Being Adventurous

Yesterday was quite a milestone for me! I not only went to an indian restaurant for lunch, but a japanese restaurant/bar for dessert and a drink at night! This would normally be so far out of my comfort zone that I wouldn't even walk in, let alone eat there!

And shocker...I ENJOYED IT!

We had a theatre discussion class in the morning, and on the way back the three girls I was with decided to try a restaurant called Ghandi, where they advertised a 7.95 (pound) lunch special with three courses. Trying to stay open minded, I agreed, and we walked into a dimly lit, but very fancy indian restaurant. We sat down, and we ordered our three courses, and I ended up getting some sort of fried onion as an appetizer, chicken curry with rice as a main course, and vanilla ice cream as my dessert. The appetizer was...interesting. Not horrible, but not my favorite! I was pleasantly surprised when my chicken curry came out that not only was it delicious, but it was even better to mix it with the rice! People that know me, know that I don't mix food...I know, I'm really a 5 year old child.

Of course the ice cream was good, and I left the restaurant very satisfied. Not just because it was a good meal but because I was so proud of myself for trying (and liking) indian food! Then, last night we went to a local japanese cafe/bar for a drink where I had my first glass of wine in a public place in London (which was very good) and tried some japanese spring rolls (another huge accomplishment for me).

All in all, I am very impressed with myself. I told myself I would be adventurous and try the different types of food in London, but I wasn't sure if I would actually go through with that promise. I'm happy I did though, because it's just one way I think I'm growing up while being here. Even though I've only been here a week, I can see myself changing already.

No comments:

Post a Comment