Friday, April 23, 2010

Shopping and Walking

Today was, yet again, an immensely enjoyable day in London town!

We started off with a trip to Primark. Also now known as "Clothes Heaven". I am not exaggerating. Picture an H&M, or really young version of Macy's, with well-made clothes and shockingly low prices. Add in crazed shoppers and lines to try on clothes winding throughout the two-story building, and you have Primark.

I bought a pair of jeans today for 8 pounds. That's equivalent to 12 US dollars. Not only did I get these amazingly low prices, but I bought everything without trying it all on. The lines were too long, and we were too short on time. What adds to my love of this store, is that when I got back to the flat, every single item I purchased, fit. That just doesn't happen.

Not only did I buy a pair of jeans, but I also walked away with two shirts, a dress, a big black belt, and a long silver necklace that all fit perfectly, for 37 pounds. This discovery of Primark has now become the highlight of possibly my entire week. I will definitely be going back.

After this exhilarating shopping experience, we headed to a souvenir shop next door, and I refrained from buying anything I really didn't need. We then headed down on a path that led us past the Marble Arch, around the edge of Hyde Park, past Buckingham Palace, and ending on a street that was lined with British flags. It was the quintessential "day in London" and I loved every minute of it.

Here are some pictures from my day:

Me in front of the Marble Arch!

Beautiful Buckingham Palace with amazing flowers on the edge of Green Park.

Posing with the British Flags that lined the street away from Buckingham Palace.

At the end of our walk, right before we took the Tube back home.

Next up: St. George's Day celebration in Trafalgar Square on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment